Saving values from a (Float) ArrayList into a Bundle

1. droidzip

droidzip Member

I'm writing a game using Surfaceview and have a question relating to saving Data into a Bundle.

Initially, I had an arraylist which stored the Y co-ordinates (in the form of Integers) of sprites that will move only up and down. Declared as:

I saved them to a Bundle using the following:

And restored them using this:

This all worked perfectly. However, I've had to change the whole coordinates system so it's based on Delta time to allow my sprites to move at a uniform speed across different screens. This is, again, working perfectly.

However, as a result of this change, I now have to store these values as floats rather than integers.

So, I am declaring as:

So that's the background, now my question is, how do I store and restore values from a Float Arraylist? There doesn't seem to be a "putFloatArrayList" or "getFloatArrayList".

(I've used an Arraylist rather than an Array as the number of sprites needs to be dynamic).

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. myrecek

myrecek Active Member

You can either convert the list to an array, put it in the bundle using putFloatArray and than after getting it convert it back to a list. Or you can use putSerializable and getSerializable.