• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving Visual Voicemails (Looking for where they are saved in phone)

wc1234

Lurker
Nov 15, 2009
Hey Everyone!

I have a Moto X (1st gen) that used to be active with Republic Wireless. There's currently no service on the phone. I have it in airplane mode. I am selling the phone and would like to save all of the stored / saved "Visual Voicemail" messages. Not sure if visual voicemail is the correct term... But the messages can be listened to on the phone itself...without calling a voicemail access number. Like I said, there's NO cell service or WiFi connection turned on and I'm able to review the voicemail messages. I've attempted to get support from Republic Wireless and Motorola and they keep telling me that the voicemail messages are stored on Republic Wireless's servers. That might be true...but I can still listen to them without any internet connect and with the phone in airplane mode. That tells me the voice mail messages are stored somewhere on the phone. Does anyone know what folder the messages would be stored in so that I can just copy and paste them onto my computer hard drive? Thanks for your time and help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones