Savings pictures to computerGeneral

1. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

Hi all. In the past when I had my S3, I kept all of my photos and videos organized in folders which were stored on my SD card. Ultimately, I transferred all of these folders to my computer so that the pics were backed up there as well (I am not a fan of cloud storage, dropbox, etc).

Here is my question. If I continually transfer pics that I take on my phone to these folders on my SD card....is there an easy way to get (these new pictures) saved to the existing folders on my computer? My concerns are duplicates or having to override the existing folders on my computer every time I want to back up new, yet to be backed up pictures. This may be the only way, but I thought I would ask to see if there are alternatives (Other than cloud).

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

You will be far better off manually copy / paste the photos from the phone to your prefered folders on PC, by simply exploring the storage while connected with USB cable.
    Just as if you would do with any external storage, like thumb drive.
    Unlike iphone's iOS, Android can be explored like any other external drive, allowing you to access folders and get content out of them.
    finn5975 likes this.
  3. girlinblue

girlinblue Member

If you have a dropbox account look into Cloud Pipes. Makes life easy for me.