1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Say Task with Car Bluetooth

1. Ian Barton

Ian Barton New Member

I have set up a Profile that speaks sms messages when I am connected to my car bluetooth. This works OK, except for one problem. I only hear the speech if the unit in my car is set to "Bluetooth Audio", when it plays through the car system. This is the profile I normally use to listen to podcasts on the phone. If I am listening to the radio, the sms text isn't spoken. I have tried changing the Stream to "call", but still can't hear the sms.

I can't change to listening to the radio in the car without the Bluetooth Audio profile being muted.

I would be happy if the stream always went via my phone's speaker. Is there any way to force this in Tasker?

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums.

I don't use Bluetooth. I do have a profile to read SMS messages through my phone's speakers.

On the Say command I have Stream set to Media. Is that what you are using?

... Thom
  3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Geek Moderator

That's an interesting question, and I'm not sure of a solution off the top of my head. I think all the accessible audio streams are going to be routed through the Bluetooth head unit whenever that is an option.

I did find this discussion thread on the Tasker support forum that suggests that it *might* be possible using the AutoVoice plugin.

Good luck - and let us know how it works for you!