• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Saying MoD unkown??

cherish

Dec 5, 2010
So, I decided to go with Gummy Jar after I had APEX 1.4 awhile. But I noticed that where its says MOD its saying unknown. And the Build is GummyJAR?? Im wondering if I did something wrong.....
snap20110317_234017.png

I was actually looking for Liberty but for some reason it wasnt bringing it up on rom manager. So I DLed GummyJAR. Now I know APEX and Liberty are the 2 main big ones out there, but I thought I would give something else a try.

I wouldn't say these two are the "two main big ones" out there, probably on these forums it's true, but not everywhere ;)

Reactions: cherish
Upvote 0
Ok another question, I ended up doing the 2.3.340 upgrade. I did the wipe factory settings and such, but it deleted everything as in put it back in stock.Now its running flaky and slow and I tried to "re-root" it and it wont let me...Im getting heated because it wont allow me to re-reoot my phone..Can yall give me tips on what to do please?

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific. So you updated to 2.3.340 using which method? And wiping data will always remove all user apps and remove the gmail account from the phone. It may be slow and flakey since you're on stock. Are you trying to root using Z4? Some people show that they have to wait an insane amount of time before it has acquired a root shell and reboots. I usually do a battery pull and try again if its taking too long.

Upvote 0
Sure. I upated using madder. Yea I pressed Z4root and it basically went to acquiring shell and it went straight screen. It didnt reboot it didnt do anything. When I tried it again it was saying something about force close. I checked and see if it was rooted and it wasnt. Bootstrap wont run on it either its giving me all the jibberish crap. I also seen that where you can look what build your running it says 3.4.2-114. ERI version 5 and PRL version is 52220. Kernal is 2.6.32.9. Any clue as into what that is all about...Im just getting very frustrated because all I wanted to do was an update on the phone and then I ended up screwing it up.... Ive done battery pull, Ive pulled the battery out and plugged it into my USB cord to my wall and nothing..., Ive wiped/cache factory any clue whats going on lol......SMH

Upvote 0
Sure. I upated using madder. Yea I pressed Z4root and it basically went to acquiring shell and it went straight screen. It didnt reboot it didnt do anything. When I tried it again it was saying something about force close. I checked and see if it was rooted and it wasnt. Bootstrap wont run on it either its giving me all the jibberish crap. I also seen that where you can look what build your running it says 3.4.2-114. ERI version 5 and PRL version is 52220. Kernal is 2.6.32.9. Any clue as into what that is all about...Im just getting very frustrated because all I wanted to do was an update on the phone and then I ended up screwing it up.... Ive done battery pull, Ive pulled the battery out and plugged it into my USB cord to my wall and nothing..., Ive wiped/cache factory any clue whats going on lol......SMH

You are not on 2.3.340 then. You are on 3.4.2 released by TBH, not an official Motorola release.

Maybe you should give more details on exactly what you did as Aggie has stated.

Upvote 0
Ok...Sorry I miss informed that i did download and I am running on the 3.4.2. I Downloaded the DX monster 3.4.2 update onto my computer then went and put it on my SD card. I went into bootstrap and pressed the top and then pressed the second one to go into recovery once it did that, I went into the files and pressed SD card then pressed DX monster update and from there I waited for it to update. Once it was done, It went back to stock. Now I cant get get it back to the way it was BEFORE I did this update..

Upvote 0
Bo, Do you think he can just flash the maderstock zip over this to get him to 2.3.340.

Cherish. Can you boot into the bootloader (vol up + home + pwr) and tell us what the bootloader version is. Should be 30.04.

He sure can, that's exactly what I did when I went back to 2.3.340 from 3.4.2....I also did a factory reset with the built-in Moto recovery after flashing with maderstcok, just precautionary :D

Upvote 0
It wont let me use bootstrapper. And I downloaded the RSD lite 4.8... Is there a step by step guide I can go by. Im just about to throw my phone because im getting frustrated. Also all my files are having a ? with a white box around it. So its not letting click and do anything there...Im thinking my best bet is just to make up some story to verizon and get a new phone :( btw Im a female lol.

Upvote 0
It wont let me use bootstrapper. And I downloaded the RSD lite 4.8... Is there a step by step guide I can go by. Im just about to throw my phone because im getting frustrated. Also all my files are having a ? with a white box around it. So its not letting click and do anything there...Im thinking my best bet is just to make up some story to verizon and get a new phone :( btw Im a female lol.

Your best best would be to just flash the full 2.3.340 sbf file using RSD Lite 4.8 or above.

Get it here:
New Full SBF for Droid X - 2.3.340

Or here:
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-mods/6360-full-2-3-340-official-sbf.html

EDIT:

MAKE SURE
your phone is fully charged before attempting this.

Upvote 0
haha no! we can get you back on track.

Can you explain what you mean by it won't let you bootstrap.
So you've opened the bootstrapper app and clicked the top button and you got success, right?
Then you click the bottom button and what does it do? reboot like normal?

And I would recommend rsdlite 4.9 so you don't have to worry about moving the init file.

Verizon probably wouldn't believe a made up story lol.

You're in good hands here at Android Forums! Just be sure to try and be as specific as possible when describing issues that way we can target what is causing them.

Upvote 0
Hi there. I sure can. Its saying this.Error running exec().Command:[su,-c,./data/data/com.koushikdutta.droidx.bootstrap/files/surunner.sh] Working Directory:null Enviroment:null

That is basically what it tells me every time I press on bootstrap.I have deleted it and re-added and yadda yadda yadda ya and it still says that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones