• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SBF Flash Problem

Phew, finally done. After the droid eye loop, i booted in recovery and wiped data and cache again, and TADA! Fresh droid, just like outta the box.

Been a fun night though... now to root and put 2.2 back on... hopefully correctly this time.

That's what I am hoping to do, I'm making a pot of coffee soon if I still keep getting errors

Upvote 0
ok, tried to flash 2.2, failed, got it stuck on the motorola M, used RSD and tried to flash back to 2.1, fails each time right at the "switching device to BP pass through mode", i hear the computer beep like it does when you disconnect a usb device (at this point i have touched absolutely NOTHING since i hit start in RSD), and then eventually RSD fails on that step, and now at bootloader it says code corrupt and i cannot get into recovery mode either.

Upvote 0
What you are experiencing is the exact same errors I got... use RSDlite 4.7 and the correct .ini and you should be fine. Also, rename the sbf to something short like "dx.sbf"... that seemed to help a lot of people too.

yeah renaming my sbf to dx.sbf got the start button to be clickable after I selected the sbf (it wasnt clickable before) but still no file info shows up in the top right window lol. fortunately thats only on my laptop (windows 7) but my work computer (xp) worked perfect the first time trying to load the sbf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones