.sbf for droid eris?

Last Updated:

1. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A friend of mine gave me a (presumably) hopeless droid eris. It boot loops between the VZW splashscreen and the HTC quietly brilliant splash screen. I figured the easiest (only?) was to fix it was to reflash using RSD lite, but is that even possible on an eris? If not, am I missing something easy, or am I kinda up a creek? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. driverx125

driverx125 Well-Known Member

3. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

There is no sbf for the Eris. Was the phone rooted previously? If so, reboot into Recovery and wipe the factory data and dalvik cache, then USB toggle and load a new rom from your computer. If it wasn't rooted, do an ADB logcat when it is boot looping and copy/paste results to pastebin.com, link here, and maybe it'll have something that could tell us where the issue lies.

4. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the phone is stock, not rooted. Lame that there's no sbf for it :\
    Is there anything I can do with the stock recovery? Probably not. I'm thinking it's gone for good loooooooool

5. driverx125

try the 2.1v3 leak

6. driverx125

did it work??

7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Phones that have been exposed to too much moisture (i.e., water) sometimes exhibit boot loops...:( Hope that's not the case with yours...

8. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Not a 100% accurate way to check because sometimes you can get false positive readings, but if you take the back off, there are some stickers there and if they turn red then that means they have been exposed to moisture. They use this to determine some warranty claims so they know if it is a manufacturer issue or if you dunked it in the toilet and just blamed it on the phone lol.