Root SBF / RSD 4.8 Lite will not PASS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PeaceMaker, Nov 29, 2010.

1. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    NJ
    I downloaded froyo 2.2 SBF (I've downloaded from three different sources). Tried manually booting into the bootloader (camera button, vol down, power + battery) and that fails. It finishes then fails saying it couldn't write to RAM or something like that.

I also tried starting it while the phone is connected to PC in PC mode w/ USB debugging enabled. Same result there.

I am SBF'ing because my phone is acting super funky and I want to start clean. The only thing I haven't tried yet is wiping the data and cache prior to the SBF. In case this step doesn't work... what other option do I have?

Other notes:
    I saved SBF files to a storage HD
    I am running Windows 7

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    1) Run sbf from your pc's hard drive
    2) make sure there's enough room on your sd card
    3) I gotta move this to the root section.

:)

3. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
  4. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Software Professional
    SF Bay Area
    I'd prolly do a factory reset before an SBF. SBF after if issues persist.

What issues anyway? Define super funky...

5. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    NJ
    First of all, thank you for the quick responses...

It was run from my PC's hard drive. My storage drive is internal, but I will attempt from my C drive (since I have no other options). I definitely have plenty of room on the SD card

I am using RSD lite 4.8 already...

I did the factory reset last night. It was fine initially, then when I rebooted, it went right to bootloader, selected restart phone from the bootloader, and it rebooted into OS. Now the weird part was that it loaded some apps i had prior to the hard reset (just some, not all); launcher pro was installed, and a few other random applications.

Everytime I reboot, it always goes into the bootloader (but will go into the OS if I hit restart phone now from the bootloader. Really weird, I just want to start from scratch.