SCAM ALERT: Avoid Dr. Cell Phone for repairsSupport

Last Updated:

1. CraigDroid

CraigDroid New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 23, 2010
    I made the huge mistake of sending my N1 with cracked screen off to Dr. Cell Phone. A week later they sent it back to me with the new screen but it was not installed properly (rubbish was left under the glass) and the buttons and the flash didn't work anymore. They wanted me to pay to ship it back for a second round of repairs and then pay again for them to ship it to me. After threatening a charge dispute they agreed to provide a shipping label for FedEx ground plus complimentary overnight return shipping. Unfortunately, they only sent me the label after 4 days of calling them each day. 3 days after they received it, I still had no updates so I submitted a letter through Google Checkout demanding a response within 36 hours or else I'd submit my charge dispute. Immediately they updated the repair status online to 'Awaiting Parts'. 36 hours later, I called again after submitting the charge dispute and they are claiming that the trackball and flex-cable are broken. (These parts never had problems before sending it to Dr. Cell Phone even after the screen crack and Dr. Cell Phone never documented this in their invoice.) Angelo from Dr. Cell Phone then tried to tell me they had called me at a particular time to tell me this. Since I use google voice, I was able to verify that this was a blatant lie. They are no longer willing to fix it but will only send it back to me (in pieces presumably) if I will once again pay for them to ship it.

If you don't think this is a genuine story, check out why the BBB rated them an F: BBB Review of Dr. Cell Phone in Dallas, TX

Note that prior to my complaint, they had ignored 87.5% of the complaints including 3 improper repairs in just 12 months.