Scam or not?

Last Updated:

1. Syrenz32

Syrenz32 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got an email from androidbetatesters telling me about a new keyboard app that they need beta testers for. "Due to product confidentiality concerns" all they tell me about it is that it's a keyboard app that will retail $0.99 when it's released. But if I do the beta test I will get the app for free on release as payment for my services.

They want me to email them back with a blank email titled keyboard app and then they will send me an email with instructions for installation. After which they will send me a survey (no personal questions) asking about my experiences with the app.

Then they finish off by saying that this email address is not monitored and any questions I send them won't be answered.

I'm interested as I'd like to try new keyboards, but this really sounds like some sort of scam to me.

Anyone at all familiar with this and can tell me if I should avoid this or not?

I got this email less than a day after I emailed swype about their keyboard...

EDIT: So apparently, that was my brother getting me back for something I sent him the other day...(although his email was done really well...)

Nevermind then :eek:

Advertisement
  2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

lol i would not email them back

3. Syrenz32

Syrenz32 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yeah kinda figured that was the case lol. Doesn't hurt to check though.

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

create a dummy email... on yahoo or google...

use this email for all your crap stuff!