• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scanning bluetooth but can't find it!

tap58892

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
I recently bought a Plantronics bluetooth. I went through the setup (as described in the bluetooth manual and my HTC Eris manual. It shows the bluetooth as "working" by the symbol at the top of my screen however, it's not allowing me to use it. It's fully charged, light blinking. When I clicked "scan for bluetooth" it didn't find it. Any suggestions??

I have had issue with VZW about this since I purchased my ERIS in November; After I dial and connect, I can hear and talk on my blue tooth just fine; I am not able to voice dial or activate, de-activate the device by pushing the button as with a 'normal' phone. I asked a question in another area if this forum if, as promised by VZW, the 2.1 upgrade will fix this issue. If not, I may need to negotiate a different phone; our state is going through the process of changing its laws making it unlawful to hold a phone while driving; pretty soon I won't be able to sleep while I'm driving either :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones