• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SCARY reboot!

Optimus_User

Android Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2011
My phone turned off, POOF, no warning signs at all. Running smoothly, and everything. Then it got stuck in some kind of "boot loop." But, I took the battery out and could turn it back on? What was up with it? I thought my phone randomly bricked.

--I'm pretty sure it's the BlitzKrieg kernel.

My phone turned off, POOF, no warning signs at all. Running smoothly, and everything. Then it got stuck in some kind of "boot loop." But, I took the battery out and could turn it back on? What was up with it? I thought my phone randomly bricked.

--I'm pretty sure it's the BlitzKrieg kernel.

this happened to me TWICE my phone decided to reatart and it erased all data what the f*** l. no bootloop however

Reactions: Optimus_User
Upvote 0
Maybe, I've been using Broken-Out, which is spectacular with Plague kernel (which was laggy). Switched to Blitz, and it ran like butter. Till that one reboot; scary.

-Sorry for the late reply, my car broke down.

Maybe it was just a one time thing. If happens again try a fresh install of the ROM and kernel. Come to think of it..did your battery heat up to say over 103f at any point?
Have had reboots here when overclocking when it starts to go over that temp.
Sorry bout your car-I can relate-mine is happy now after $300:(

Upvote 0
Maybe it was just a one time thing. If happens again try a fresh install of the ROM and kernel. Come to think of it..did your battery heat up to say over 103f at any point?
Have had reboots here when overclocking when it starts to go over that temp.
Sorry bout your car-I can relate-mine is happy now after $300:(

I don't think the battery raised temperature at all. It just turned off and mini-bootlooped. Maybe it was a one time thing.

Upvote 0
I don't think the battery raised temperature at all. It just turned off and mini-bootlooped. Maybe it was a one time thing.

The same thing happened to me quite some time ago, phone shut off, played the boot ani a couple times, and turned back on. Not sure what caused it but that was in January I think and it hasn't happened since

Upvote 0
You have tried all three then including the speed one:thinking:
Just narrow it down..try throttling the kernel down for a day and see if it happens again. First rule out that battery is not the issue with running the stock one at the same setting.

I switched back to the Plague kernel. Battery's fine. I lowered the OC on the Blitz kernel before I did, though. No matter -- rebooted again and again.

Upvote 0
Mine too, though, Plague just rebooted too. I'm ready to cry, lol
:mad:Honestly I have found that the more testing,ROM switching,Theme flashing, Kernel FLASHING I do..My phone tells me it has had enough.
Every 2 months or so I will downgrade back to ZVB-up to ZVD and root again.
Seems to give the phone an attitude adjustment:D
Not sure how often you change it up but just a thought.

Upvote 0
:mad:Honestly I have found that the more testing,ROM switching,Theme flashing, Kernel FLASHING I do..My phone tells me it has had enough.
Every 2 months or so I will downgrade back to ZVB-up to ZVD and root again.
Seems to give the phone an attitude adjustment:D
Not sure how often you change it up but just a thought.

Good idea, lol. ZVD worked like a charm for quite a while.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones