• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sceensaver on Android TV?

cscott1

Lurker
Dec 21, 2016
Hi guys I recently bought a Xiaomi Mi box. Love the true Android TV OS. I tried setting up the preinstalled daydream (screensaver) Backdrop but it doesn't work not sure why then I installed the Areal dream screensaver and its awesome HD looks amazing but my internet isnt quite good enough to support it it stutters every 10 seconds or so plus its a waste of bandwith. So I got to thinking why not turn my 50 inch HD tv into a 200 gallon fishtank. I found a few screensavers in the playstore but they are cartoonish looking even the supposedly HD ones. Then I found a website that sells 4k and full HD mp4 files 20 min videos for like 7 bucks. My question is has anyone had any luck using a screensaver app to play video stored from either the devices internal storage or a thumb drive?

http://www.uscenes.com/download/aquarium-video/

Why not just load up the 4K movies onto a USB stick/drive and plug them directly into the TV?
You can then use the built-in media player on the TV to play them perfectly.

I don't understand why you would want to use the Xiaomi Mi box to do this.
Just too many steps to do a basic function.

Upvote 0
My tv does not have a screensaver mode where I can set it to play the video...:( also I tried the the video screensaver app in the playstore and although it does work. It doesn't recognize Kodi and starts the screensaver 5 minutes into watching a show. Kodi is my primary source for using my android tv box so this wont work surely im not the only one who has wanted to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones