• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Scene May not be dead for the htc one sv (boost)

its hard i got work and such and only one device.i hate having to reflash backups so much just to figure out the streaming issue.you know how many things i removed just to find a needle in a haystack X.x. smh

im giving up for now going back to v2.if anyone wants to try to delete stuff to break their device for me just to find out what breaks the streaming then be my guess.all i need is the name of the apk and odex file that will peice it all together guys.remember always keep a backup so you can revert.

Last edited:
Reactions: ladlr23
Upvote 0
its hard i got work and such and only one device.i hate having to reflash backups so much just to figure out the streaming issue.you know how many things i removed just to find a needle in a haystack X.x. smh

im giving up for now going back to v2.if anyone wants to try to delete stuff to break their device for me just to find out what breaks the streaming then be my guess.all i need is the name of the apk and odex file that will peice it all together guys.remember always keep a backup so you can revert.
I can imagine and i recommend you check out nandroid manager, it let's you explore your backups and even restore your apps and data from the Backups as well. I guarantee it will make your life easier. So far that's what i have used to try and find out what is causing the streaming issue, i have restored media output from my stock backup so far but still no prevail. NOTE!!!!! however that restoring app data from nandroid manager may cause some of your apps to force close so watch out.

Upvote 0
if anything im sure russels rom will have the fix since hes going for a slimrom.just gotta see what is missing from mine he kept in.ill definitely be testing his slimrom but i will want to fix the kinks out of the backup.like i said everyone has choice.i appreciate all you guys confidence in me,we do need variety,i am more anxious in seeing what russels come up with though.like ive said before without him i wouldnt understand this phone as much as i do now.we are only human but we aim to try to please.

Reactions: svz235 and ladlr23
Upvote 0
if anything im sure russels rom will have the fix since hes going for a slimrom.just gotta see what is missing from mine he kept in.ill definitely be testing his slimrom but i will want to fix the kinks out of the backup.like i said everyone has choice.i appreciate all you guys confidence in me,we do need variety,i am more anxious in seeing what russels come up with though.like ive said before without him i wouldnt understand this phone as much as i do now.we are only human but we aim to try to please.
Yea i can't wait to see what he brings to the table. And well idk what else to restore from the stock backup since the only relevant thing i restored was the media output since i doubt HTML viewer or PDF viewer would have helped at all. I guess we shall see what Russell has in store for us. I'm just happy to see that there is still life in this phone

Upvote 0
ya same.the first backup is solid but i had to sadly go that far back and slowly remove things but i keep removing the wrong things before i find out what it is.prolly overthinking this.i can tell you its nothing from the beginning of the apps so it has to be closer to the end
Well idk really i kind of gave up, now i must delete all the extra stuff that i restored that's taking up ROM memory

Upvote 0
Things are going pretty smooth, got a little bit of mobile data and time to work on it last night, and I'm just saying...... What I thought would be a horrible alpha release is turning into a swell beta =)

I'm even going to be able to reactivate the phone for data testing next weekend before release.

Everything is compiling very well ( to my knowledge ;] )

And I'm getting pretty good at reverse engineering some stand alone items and including them into the builds.

I'll be letting it all hang out when this puppy is released.

Upvote 0
yes but until then russell can you figure out why my backups streaming is crashing lol please and thank you.driving me insane

Bro, I'd love to but my data (cost of) is what's making this process so long of the source built ROM. Downloading a 1+gig of a backup just isn't in my budget for the time being, once I get the boost device reactivated I'll have unlimited data to be able to download it and see if I can find anything..... But of course by then........ You guys will be eating some KitKat.

=P

Reactions: frosthax1
Upvote 0
the 1 gig file actually is the unbroken one.the debloated ones the one with the problem,slightly smaller but ya i get what you mean lol i was mainly thinking you could look at the text file of the system apps that are on there and from that see what might be missing that would cause this issue because im sure its a system apk file i might have accidently cut off

didnt mean you would have to download the entire backup lol.the list should give you an idea

Upvote 0
Aw I'm so stoked!

I wish I had service for boost where I live now, but I literally can't even send/receive simple text messages on sprints network

Anyways, I'm totally jealous......

I hate being a tease, but I had to let this out............

PS, I'm signing off until next weekend...... But I'll be back with what I've promised.

^_~

Reactions: ladlr23
Upvote 0
No rush man. I'll gladly wait as long as it takes until you're sure it's ready for prime time. :)[/QUOTE
Aw I'm so stoked!

I wish I had service for boost where I live now, but I literally can't even send/receive simple text messages on sprints network

Anyways, I'm totally jealous......

I hate being a tease, but I had to let this out............

PS, I'm signing off until next weekend...... But I'll be back with what I've promised.

^_~
This may be off topic ( and please no one shoot me if this is already answered, or for slowing the dev down either) but how did you end up on sprint? And why dontcha just switch service to boost? Never get that m8 reflashed or you just didnt want To chance it? Cant say I blame you, but i was curious :)

Upvote 0
And on the note about other k2 variants' being compatible, I'll edit the update-script so that it will at least flash to their device, but I'm sure some build.prop variables will need to be changed for service.....

But I will not do this until after my release for k2_cl has been downloaded and flashed by you guys....... Not trying to get any other k2 variant users to say "no fare" but boost HTC one SV will get to use and enjoy first......

Not sure if there are any other GSM k2 users that can help me get the device tree, (once uploaded) to be unified so that they may also get some KitKat love.

Upvote 0
I guess I stopped up my post. I was curious why you can't use boost I'd you have access to sprint towers. Any light shedding you care to do on how that tangle works is awesome. I guess I jus tthought that boost would have service anywhere sprint does

It does lol

I can not get services from Sprint towers at all where I live now.

Only Verizon

But none of this has any importance to my building for a boost device

Reactions: frosthax1
Upvote 0
I know you're an expert here (or if you're not I'd hate to see what an expert is) so I'm not worried :) I do wonder why you chose Kk instead of Cm? Are you porting or building from scratch? I only ask because once I get my Pc set correctly I'm still planning g on trying to build cm and was wondering if there is some inherent roadblock that would make such a thing impossible. Thanks again for all your work. Your posts have saved my device several times!

Upvote 0
I know you're an expert here (or if you're not I'd hate to see what an expert is) so I'm not worried :) I do wonder why you chose Kk instead of Cm? Are you porting or building from scratch? I only ask because once I get my Pc set correctly I'm still planning g on trying to build cm and was wondering if there is some inherent roadblock that would make such a thing impossible. Thanks again for all your work. Your posts have saved my device several times!
Building from source, and I did build cm first then moved on to slim I like slim, always have and your building from source will be a lot easier after I push my device tree to git, I've done most of the road blocks already, you'll just have to clone my git........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones