• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scenes update, not save ... ???

ellisd5

Sep 11, 2009
Hi all,

Had my Hero for over a week but still getting to grips with it. If I make a change to a scene, it forces me to save it as a new scene, is there not a way to just update the scene? And as this is making me save scenes when I make a small change, I have a list of scenes half of which I would like to remove but cant find an option for this either, surely this is possible, how do you do it?

Another thing about scenes, I have a work scene, on my old Nokia N95 I had a work profile and when I changed to this the ringtone change to a more suitable tone for work and volume quite low and vibration off (as it sits on desk) With scenes, can I not assoicate a ringtone for the scene. At the moment I am having to change this manually every day?

Think thats it :) please let me know if you know anything about how I can acheive the above, or even if its not possible.

Thanks,
Dale

To delete scenes, go to settings > personalize > scenes, and use long-press on the scenes you want to delete. That'll give you a delete option. And you can over-write existing scenes, you don't always have to save every little change as a new scene. Just save it with the same name as an already existant scene, it'll give you the option to replace.

As for changing ringtone and other settings for work, I've not used it but a few guys on the boards use an app called Locale for that, which should do the job just fine.

Upvote 0
If you save it with the exact same name as an existing scene, it will replace the existing one (you cant replace or update the stock HTC themes though, incredibly annoyingly).

To rename/delete a scene: settings -> personalise -> scenes -> long press on the scene you want to rename/delete. Again, can't change the HTC ones.

As for other things not being customisable along with the scene, i agree - it seems like HTC have missed a trick here. I'd love to be able to have a different favourite contacts list for different scenes, (e.g. work, play) for example, or different browser bookmarks. Maybe one day in an update we will get this, you never know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones