SCH-i500 firmware downgrade?Support

1. saruman_w

saruman_w New Member

I've googled all over the place and getting tired of sifting through junk. How can I go about downgrading the firmware on my SCH-i500? Ever since I upgraded it I've been having all kinds of problems. Phantom screen, display lighting up randomly (at night this really ticks me off and wears on my battery), my flastlight app no longer works, it's noticeably slower, etc. and I suspect it might be the new firmware I installed. I need to downgrade it back to what I had before to see if that makes it better. If the downgrade doesn't work that can only mean the hardware is fudged and I need a new phone. But I need to try this first at least.

Thanks in advance

Here's some info for the heck of it:

Hardware version: i500.04
    Model number: SCH-i500
    Firmware version: 2.3.5
    Kernel version: 2.6.25.7
    Build number: SCH-i500.E120

Advertisement
    f771006712 likes this.
  2. f771006712

f771006712 New Member

thanxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXX
  3. Power_Dr

Power_Dr New Member

OMG This is the first I have found that someone else has the same problem as me! Ever since I upgraded to the latest version, my phone SUCKS!! When I finish a call I have to push the end button like 3 or 4 times before it responds. The screen does not respond to touch very well anymore. All this started after I upgraded. It did NOT act like this before the upgrade. Do you know where we can get the earlier version?

Thanks,
  4. Power_Dr

Power_Dr New Member

Anybody
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Are you looking to downgrade to 2.3.4 or all the way down to froyo (2.2)?

DS