• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Oct 3, 2015
Hi

So I know there are many many Varients of the s4

SCH-I545 / Normal
SCH-I545PP / Prepaid
SCH-I545LL / Have no idea what the LL stands for or is.

I received this phone as an off-the-shelf. I other words it's the phone you play with to try them out. It came with 4.2 and when I went to check for an upgrade the software had the LL stamp too. The only thing that didn't work was the hidden menus - specifically the Service Menu and the *#0011# back input 1 back back did not work. Instead of using the upgrade avaliable I used a normal one for Verizon 4.4.2. Apon upgrade the Service Menu was not enabled :( and the LL went away. I can not find any reference to this model or the LL anywhere and stupid me did not take screenshots.

So point of post - does anyone have any other varients of the SCH-I545 and or does anyone know anything about the SCH-I545LL. I wouldn't mind being original and going back to the LL badge.

Also since there is no root I may as well try and get a working Service Menu. Since all my other VZW S4s have working menus anyone have any ideas? I've read many a thread tried the HiddenMenu apk, tried enabling with BuildProp editors and now with no root I am limited but open minded.

May have to take a S4 that doesn't charge and swap out the USB port so I have a phone with a ServiceMenu.. even though then I lose my LL (I know it's not badged that anymore anyway).

I need ServiceMenu to work with my Network Lock and Golden what ever thing-a-ma-jiggy.

Thank you. Have a nice session.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones