Scheduling SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

Is there an app for having a text to be sent at a certain time or a certain place (using GPS)? I was curious because I need to send a text to someone at 5 AM to remind them of something. I'll be asleep, of course.

I thought I remembered reading about something at the Google Apps Innovation conference from last November or so, or an app like this.

Anyone know of any app like this?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Something like Timerrific / Locale / SettingsProfiles should probably do the trick, or at least get you started....

3. smacky

Timeriffic is just for the ringer. I'm talking about writing a text and having it sent three hours down the line.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Locale does so man things based upon so many different conditions - I use it but not for SMS so I cannot say for a fact that that is true.

I do know that I have had it alter my GTalk based upon when I am in class based upon the GPS location of my phone at that moment....

And there is at least one SMS plugin for Locale....

6. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

I do this to let my wife know when I'll be home. When I get in a particular area it automatically sends a SMS to her phone. The application is Tasker. It's a great program with lots of power to do other things as well.

7. smacky

Well. Gonna try SMS Scheduler tonight. Hope it works.

8. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member

there is an app called open alarm that does this..... Pretty cool, but when I used it that way the people I sent the text messages to assumed I was awake, and started texting me..... Woke me up anyway! Make sure you have your notification sounds silenced if you don't want that to happen.

9. smacky

Well, I tried it and it worked wonderfully. And yes, my buddy thought I too was up at 5 AM while he was working the night shift. But it sent the text on time.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

10. jinf

jinf New Member

I use often SMS Flow! You can set a lot of options and it's very easy to use!!

11. Lord_Pheasant

Lord_Pheasant New Member

Hi everyone I saw this thread while I was building my app. Its called textNtime and its available in the app market. You can schedule a text message to be sent at a later date of your choice. It can repeat from 5 mins to yearly. It also allows you to pick from a category of events like wedding, birthday, Xmas or create your own under other. I hate ads so I only made it 0.99. It has a hx button and clear hx. It also sends a notification to you once your scheduled SMS is sent.

If I posted this in the wrong section I can remove. Thanks for your support! Cool forum.