Scratch Resistant....

Last Updated:

1. junkiepilot

junkiepilot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

They said the same about the iPhone. 1 week later and I had a huge scratch down the middle. So no, my screen protector stays on.

3. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

No scratches from a blade, but it seems to have failed the hammer test. :)

My screen protector came off after about 1 week. I think it was a cheap one, from germany on ebay, it literally peeled off when putting the phone to my ear. Since then i've decided to not use one.

I wont put anything else in the pocket it's in, let's see how i get on. Might get a case if there's a decent one comes out though. For now, bare and naked.

4. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

I don't think that the Desire feature Gorilla Glass like the Dell Streak, but I for one am not going to attempt scratching the display with a stanley knife.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I have light noticeable scratches from waiting for play to stock the HTC protectors. Mines staying on!

6. Goldy

Goldy Member

I'm sorry but those video shows someone lightly caressing a desire with a knife, in the real world the phone will be under a lot more pressure in your pocket with your keys.

TBH, a screen protector doesn't do any harm once in place, so why wouldn't you use them?

7. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

Maybe it depends on the quality of the screen protector, but I have to admit if I wasn't so paranoid about scratches (this being my first big touch screen phone) I would love to use it without the protector, because it just looks and feels so much better (the glass also seemed to smear much less than the protector I'm using).

I might be tempted yet to remove it - I had my N95 (with a much less durable screen) for 2 years in which time I used to carry it in my pocket with change, keys, etc and the screen is fine, so if I carry the desire by itself I'm sure it would similarly be fine, I just can't quite bring myself to try it just yet :)