Scratched screen - repair :)

Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i just purchased a htc hero for 140.00 pounds on ebay, but he screen is scratched - quite alot, but the rest is in mint condition

so i wanted to ask for your help - i have opened up many phones before and could probable open this one up using the serice manual - that i just found :)

does anyone know if its possible to change the screen from the front end of the phone? instead of having to take out the motherboard and all...?
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

I doubt it. If it isnt scratched real bad, you could possible try putting a screen protector on it. That sometimes fills in the scratches and makes it look like new.

3. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

Search for a thread titled "for those of you who wish to open up your phones" or something like that. The thread has links to HTC instruction videos on how to disassemble and re-assemble the Hero. The videos were made to train technicians and are quite detailed.

The only issue is finding the replacement parts at a decent price...

4. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

5. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes u are right, i got mine boxed mint for only 175, but these listings are very rare, so if i can fix this one spending a max of 170 on it, i think i can easily get 200 for it:)
    also its fun:) hehe

- oh and i found all the official htc hero dissasembly guides and videos- i actually dosent look that hard: )