Scratched

Last Updated:

1. neflihim

neflihim New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok everyone. We have all seen the video of the keys being used on the screen with no visible scratches. Well, I looked at my phone today and I have a small scratch on the screen. It is pretty small so I'm not sweating it, but it's there. I have been very careful with my phone and have kept it in my pocket with nothing else. I have no idea how it got there either. Maybe some tiny sand particle got in my pocket somehow, who knows.

For all of you that are worried about ANY scratches on your screen, maybe think about a screen protector. I will be getting one if I get any more, this one is just so small and I hate the protectors myself.

Advertisement
  2. Droidzilla

Droidzilla Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I have done the key demo on mine several times for friends with no issues at all.

3. neflihim

neflihim New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it sucks, but I'm not sweating it, it's a really small scratch. Just worried about another one that may not be as small.:(

4. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Metal will not likely scratch the screen, but glass most certainly will. Any little quartz or sand will do some damage. I have two minute scratches now because of this. Phantom skin is on the way...

5. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

*bump* thanks for the post!

6. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

hmm i've actually tried the scratching test myself, but i didn't use keys. i used a lead pencil at first to test. then i used a scissor. and after i saw that it seemed like it was scratch proof, i used a box cutter to scratch it and still nothing. i didnt go smacking it like the guy did with in the video with the keys. i just dragged it across the screen. and lightly tapped/poked/scratched at it. not one scratch that i could see.

7. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

I installed the Phantom Skinz. You will be pleased! I have the full body kit. Just take your time and you wont even know its on.

8. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

1) Does this come in screen protector only? (I have a leather case for my Droid)

2) Is there somewhere I can have it installed? (I SUCK at putting screen protectors on. Makes me cry like a little girl. :()

9. JonKyu

JonKyu Well-Known Member

I'm really debating getting one also, I bought zagg for my ipod and it got discolored and nasty looking after a while, I even ended up taking the screen protector off because it was starting to peel. So far I've heard good things about phantom skinz and ghost armor. Unfortunately there aren't many youtube videos that show how it looks on the droid :(. I'd get a hard case but I really love putting my droid on my dock.