Scratches on the bottom of the keyboard.

Last Updated:

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone has noticed scratches underneath the keyboard along the black rim. I have them on mine and they arn't a big deal besides the fact that they were caused by the slideout mechanism itslef.

I was just wondering if anyone else has them.

Advertisement
  2. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

I noticed them the other day. Barely though. Have to look very closely to notice them on mine.

Wasn't all that surprised to see them though. Just came from a Touch Pro that got the same marks on it over time.

3. jerbeck24

jerbeck24 Well-Known Member

I have these scratches on mine too. Kinda bugs me because mine are obvious and I've only had this phone less than a week. Makes me wonder what it might look like in a year...Is this swap worthy for another Epic or will I just have the same scratches again?

4. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I have them on mine too, I don't care nearly enough to return the phone though.

5. ryno502

ryno502 Member

I have them on mine. They are noticeable probably because I know they are there. My Epic is less than a week old by the way.

This is one of the drawbacks of a slider. Eventually it will get lose and/or develop cosmetic flaws. My Moment that I got over the summer from Ebay (brand new) has a lot of play in the sliding mechanism already. If you shake the phone you can see and hear it move. It still works fine though, my brother is using it.

Its not worth swapping it out because A: most of them will do the same thing, B: something worse might develop on the new one (dead pixel, blown speaker, etc).

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

No scratches on mine. You must all have defective phones then! :D