Scratches Under The Screen?

Last Updated:

1. RickB

RickB Active Member This Topic's Starter

While looking at my screen in bright sunlight this morning, I noticed there are some light scratches that appear to be under the screen. I can only see them in direct sunlight or under a bright desk light while holding the phone at a certain angle. Is this at all normal? I just got the phone on Friday and noticed this immediately and haven't dropped it, pocketed it with keys, etc. I would think if the scratches were on the outside of the glass, they would be easier to notice. Would you send it back for a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! First post here but this forum has been very useful to me for a while now!

Advertisement
  2. RickB

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to see if anyone from the night crowd had any thoughts. :)

3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

That is highly unusual. I'm afraid I have no idea what else you can do other than going back to Verizon, showing them, and perhaps just getting a replacement.

I absolutely love the glass on the X. Gorilla Glass is the best. :)

4. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

Are the scratches regular? You might be seeing the sensors, both vertical and horizontal that make up the touch screen.

Just asking. Not an answer.

5. RickB

No, they look like something brushed it. They are near each other, one bigger than the other. They are about half way down the screen, almost all the way to the right side. The more I look at it, the more I am convinced they are under the glass. Given that, they are really hard to see and when the phone is on and viewed in normal light, etc, I can't see them at all. Just knowing they are there and being able to find them in bright light just bugs me a bit. I guess I'll put in for an exchange. Hopefully they will let me hang on to this one until the new one is available (will have to check with my work's Verizon administrator tomorrow).

Thanks for the replies!

6. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

yeah i would say take it back that's not usual at all and its weird maybe something happened while in production who knows