• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screebl Lite - Save Power!: A useful App in the right circumstances

Joevarm

May 3, 2010
Colorado
Screebl has taken a lot of slack on the forums, primarily because of its marketing as a power saving device. For some it may be a device that will save your battery, but most of us have trained ourselves to hit that power button as soon as we're done with any task given the power hogs our phones can be -- my Eris is a one day phone at best!

If, however, you fail to press that button as often as you should Screebl will be a lifesaver. I have mine set to keep my phone on when in just about any orientation other than laying flat on it's back. This is nice because it keeps the phone from timing out and dimming or turning off while I'm using it for an extended period of time. I find this especially useful when I have my phone in the car holder and I'm playing music on the Pandora App. When a new artist comes on I don't have to bother turning it on and unlocking the screen just to find out the name of the song. This is also a nice feature for Maps and Navigation.

Despite it's marketing as a power saver it has a lot of other uses and is a must-have-App for me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones