• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screebl, UltimateJuicer and Eris battery life

lukasty

Mar 14, 2010
When i check my battery use (under Settings>About Phone>Battery) it shows at the top Screebl is using a lot of the battery. It's supposed to save battery not waste it.

Is it normal to show up on the battery use- is screebl really a battery hog?

Also do Power Manager and UltimateJuicer really work?

If anyone could recommend a good battery saver app, I'd appreciate it.

I don't use Screebl myself, and haven't heard of those other programs. But I have always had a feeling that Screebl uses more battery than it saves, as it's constantly using the accelerometer. I just keep the screen timeout to 1 min and remember to lock the phone after use, works well enough for me. The only advantage that Screebl would offer is keeping the screen on while I'm using it.

Upvote 0
I don't use Screebl myself, and haven't heard of those other programs. But I have always had a feeling that Screebl uses more battery than it saves, as it's constantly using the accelerometer. I just keep the screen timeout to 1 min and remember to lock the phone after use, works well enough for me. The only advantage that Screebl would offer is keeping the screen on while I'm using it.

Agree. Had checked out Screebl but there were too many reviewers who stated it was a battery hog. As stated in a different thread when I stopped using task killer(just laziness on my part) and left my phone to do its thing my performance and battery life improved significantly.

Upvote 0
Agree. Had checked out Screebl but there were too many reviewers who stated it was a battery hog. As stated in a different thread when I stopped using task killer(just laziness on my part) and left my phone to do its thing my performance and battery life improved significantly.

Which is usually the case. There is a thread that has nothing but info about saving battery and an app is not part of it. Look in the sticky that says "Everything about your Eris" or something like that.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for the info, I will uninstall it ASAP. Kinda sucks I was sucker enough to pay for it though :/

Thank you alprazolam for the suggestion. I did read that thread, I guess no app really works for battery improvement.

If ever there is an app that really works please let me know :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones