Screebl, UltimateJuicer and Eris battery lifeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lukasty

lukasty Active Member This Topic's Starter

When i check my battery use (under Settings>About Phone>Battery) it shows at the top Screebl is using a lot of the battery. It's supposed to save battery not waste it.

Is it normal to show up on the battery use- is screebl really a battery hog?

Also do Power Manager and UltimateJuicer really work?

If anyone could recommend a good battery saver app, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. lukasty

Is anyone else using Screebl? Any help please? I just want to know if it is a battery hog or if it's worth keeping, since it's supposed to improve battery not drain it...

3. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

I don't use Screebl myself, and haven't heard of those other programs. But I have always had a feeling that Screebl uses more battery than it saves, as it's constantly using the accelerometer. I just keep the screen timeout to 1 min and remember to lock the phone after use, works well enough for me. The only advantage that Screebl would offer is keeping the screen on while I'm using it.

4. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Agree. Had checked out Screebl but there were too many reviewers who stated it was a battery hog. As stated in a different thread when I stopped using task killer(just laziness on my part) and left my phone to do its thing my performance and battery life improved significantly.

5. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Which is usually the case. There is a thread that has nothing but info about saving battery and an app is not part of it. Look in the sticky that says "Everything about your Eris" or something like that.

6. lukasty

Thanks guys for the info, I will uninstall it ASAP. Kinda sucks I was sucker enough to pay for it though :/

Thank you alprazolam for the suggestion. I did read that thread, I guess no app really works for battery improvement.

If ever there is an app that really works please let me know :)

7. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

you need 2.1 for ultimatejuice/juicedefender, and with the new leak they dont work correctly. but i have a feeling when that problem gets resolved these programs will be greatly benificial.