1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Screeble and battery

Last Updated:

1. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone using Screeble noticed any excessive battery drain? I love the concept of it and been using it but I noticed that it is always at the top of my list when looking at my battery information.

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I installed Screeble a long time ago and uninstalled it because of all the battery use. I don't have numbers on how much it decreased life, but I just figured that uninstalling the thing that was using the most battery would be a good thing.

3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect battery life. Removing it just transfers the percentage of battery use to Display, and probably increases that percentage a smidge.

The reason it's always at the top of the list is that a lot of what we do on the phone doesn't actually show up in the battery use; you're just seeing the amount of usage that the display was on, via Screebl.

4. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

I used Screebl for a while then I decided to take it off just to see what would happen and the battery life went up a bit. I realized I could turn my own screen off when I was finished with the phone.. besides you can set the screen timeout in Android.

5. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I use it. I don't know about its effect on battery, but I like how, when I'm holding the phone up, the screen stays on. I have the screen set to turn off after 15 seconds if it's lying flat, but I still usually hit the power button when I put it down. It's just nice to have the screen stay on when I want it to.

6. vaccdroid

vaccdroid Well-Known Member

Killed my battery. As soon as I got rid of it my battery life went back to normal.