• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen a bit loose... Anyone else?

mshest

Nov 7, 2009
so when the Droid is closed and i am looking at it so that the usb port is directly in front of me with the screen facing up.... if i look towards the right corner there is more space between the 2 parts of the phone than on the left. and in fact i can press on top of the back key and squish the phone together more. everything is really solid and when the phone is open everything is symetrical..... just wondering about whether anyone else has the same issue?

Yes, mine is the same way. I noticed it after using my wife's phone and not feeling the screen move when I pressed the back button. We bought two and opted for the Best Buy 9.99 insurance. I plan on taking advantage of the insurance in the next few months. It's not enough to bother me at this point. I figured I would wait until I scratch it up or something then drop it a few times to get a new one.

Still love the Droid!

Upvote 0
I've noticed that there is a little bit of give in the hinge of my phone.

When the phone is closed, and I press on the screen, there is some give between the screen and the keyboard below. Is this normal? Suggestions?

Not sure if it is "normal" or not but it happens on mine too. I can make mine make noises if I push on the upper right corner and lower left corner.

I'll probably head to VZW in some point in time to experiment with another Droid and see if happens to that one also.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't worry about nit picking like that. I came from the Storm 1 debacle where everyone was trying to find the smallest reason to return their phones. My "click" sounds different that his "click". Don't worry about it people. The sliding mechanism is going to show wear on this phone, its inevitable. Nature of the beast.
I come from a mechanical design background so maybe my perspective is a little different.

Upvote 0
I am also having this issue. I took it to Verizon and they noticed the problem and told me to watch it and see if it gets worse. I was fine with that, but the more and more I use my phone the more and more I notice it and am borhered by it. I plan on going to the other store in the area tomorrow and get an exchange because of this and other issues such as dropped 3g and extreme heat from top of phone. It sounds so much like the storm when I press any of the buttons and sometimes when I touch the screen. We shall see how it goes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones