• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen/Accelerometer Issues

Hi all,

I seem to be having trouble with my Xperia T. I've had it for about 4 months now without a hitch and couldn't be happier, but last week my accelerometer seemed to just stop working. Photos wouldn't rotate even though I had auto rotate checked and on Temple Run the guy wouldn't move side to side. I did the trusty "turn it off and on trick" which worked and it fixed itself. I put this fault down to a random bug and carried on. Now a week later, my phone screen was working fine and I got a text message, but when I went to check my phone the screen wouldn't turn on. Everything was working as I was getting the camera shutter noise and text tones etc but just no display. The battery soon died and when I plugged it in to charge it came back on working perfectly. Should I take my phone back to where I got it from? Or would this just be an unlucky coincidence with some bugs or something.

Thanks in advance! :)

I would advise trying an update/repair:

1. Download the PC Companion software from Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (UK)
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones