Screen Auto-Lock Off?General

Last Updated:

1. kriswknight

kriswknight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to let the screen time-out and go black, but NOT relock. Its a pain to have the phone sitting down for a little bit and come back to it always being locked. If i shut the screen off and put it in my pocket, i want it to lock, but auto time-outs should let it come right back up.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. nginx

nginx New Member

Hey,

Doesn any one have an answer for this issue on the thread?? I really need this. Its a pain to keep on unlocking.

Thanks.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There's an app by mooapps called (cleverly) "Autolock" listed in Market, amongst others.

4. nginx

nginx New Member

Frisco,
    Thanks you very much, you solved my big issue. I will test it further, there also seems to be another apps called PatternControl. Need to test both.

Thanks again!!You rock!!

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You're welcome.

As for me, "No Lock" works best; it completely gets rid of the lock screen (in no lock mode, there is a lock mode you can toggle with the widget to cause the lock screen to return).

Some do not like No Lock because any key will wake up the phone, exposing the screen to accidental activations of what widgets or icons you may have.

The Eris seems well suited for No Lock, for me anyway, as I carry mine in my shirt pocket where nothing presses the trackball or volume buttons hard enough to invoke the screen.

Plus it's free. ;)