Screen becomes non-responsive with charging battery.

Last Updated:

1. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this phone for a week now and today it developed something new. When I plug in the battery charger, the touch screen becomes almost entirely non-responsive. When I attempt to slide the Lock Screen away it either won't move or I can get it to slightly move but it bounces right back or even sticks halfway. If I unplug the charger and wait about a minute it's back to working fine again. I've removed the battery a few times now to see if this helped but nothing seems to help. It didn't do this till today. Anyone else run into this problem and if so how did you remedy it?

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

When my moment gets hot, it is difficult to slide my finger on the screen because of all the friction. This usually happens when I am playing a game while the phone is charging. This probably doesn't answer your question but I have experienced something similar

3. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Check your charger's output voltage. It should be 5.0 V. I got one that was 5.7V. I had to change my phone since it was unresponsive. When I connected the new phone the problem started again. It only behaved like this with that charger.

4. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right now it's working fine again and it seemed to work fine once the battery level was above 50%, even plugged in. Below 50% it wouldn't respond plugged in and even acted weird unplugged. If it does this again I will probably take it in to my local repair center and have them check it out. Thanks for the replies on this so far.

5. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

I took a video of it and showed it to the Sprint rep. Did you check your charger?

6. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I have also heard this happening with some blackberry chargers. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with voltage.

7. TexasT

TexasT New Member

This happened with my phone when I tried to purchase an extra generic charger that was supposed to work with the Hero, Touch, Tilt, etc. But, I wonder if I can check the voltage thing out and make it work when I need it to.