Screen becomes unresponsiveSupport

Last Updated:

1. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed in the last couple weeks that my X will start to lose some screen sensitivity and make it almost impossible to type on, whether in portrait or landscape mode. Yesterday I actually had the screen become completely unresponsive. The hardware buttons worked fine. I could bring up my last 8 opened apps, open up the settings bar, even hit home and it would let me check which home screen I wanted to go to. But the actual screen would not respond to anything. I held down the power button to chose to power down the phone for a reset, because for some reason I was expecting to be able to select shut down from an unresponsive screen, and couldn't select this for the said reason. I did a battery pull and was able to use it again. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. baberz

baberz Well-Known Member

My first droid x was all the time being unresponsive to my touch...I had enough of it and called in for a replacement. Before they would give me a replacement we tried trouble shooting two times and then after the second time it was still being unresponsive 75% of the time. I would call in and try to trouble shoot with a tech rep and make sure they note your account that you have trouble shooted and then if it keeps acting up ask for a replacement.

3. Mikeyz

Mikeyz Active Member

@F150FAN
    Got my DX just last week and I'm having the exact same problem. Thought it was just me or one of my apps. Guess I'll have to work through the whole tech support routine.:(