Screen blacked out. Can only receive phone calls.

1. bhempel

bhempel New Member

I have a Droid 2 Global phone. This morning the phone appear to be dead (screen was blank and would not turn on). I plugged the phone in and the screen lit up (more than half the battery left). Only the top drop down menu would appear. When I unpluged the phone the phone appeared to turn off again. When I plugged it back in, it did the same thing as before.

I first tried pulling the battery out and restarting the phone. Phone loads like normal and then blacks out. I cannot turn the screen on via the power button or the keyboard.

I then tried to fix the issue using factory reset. I also pulled out the SD card to ensure it was not caused from something in there. I also tried deleting the cache. Neither opition worked.

Current Problem I realized the following after playing with the phone for a bit.

If I call the phone from another phone.. A few seconds go by..The droid loading symbol (from when the phone boots up.. see below image) appears. Then the droid displays the number that is calling. I swipe to answer.. I can have a conversation between the two phones.
    [​IMG]
    After I hang up the phone
    1. The touch screen does not work.
    2. Only the top menu bar is visible.
    3. After a few seconds the screen goes black
    4. I cannot turn on the screen via the power button or by using the keyboard.

Sidenote: If I called the droid but do not answer...The green light appear telling me that I have a missed call.

I have no way of using the phone as of now. It can only receive phone calls

Advertisement