Screen Brightness Control Problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. KGB INC

KGB INC New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new here, so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I just recently got the Kyocera Zio. *flameshield*

Honestly, the phone is usable. I enjoy it quite a bit. Only problem I have is with the battery life. So, I began tinkering around with everything that would consume the battery. The first thing that came to my mind was the screen's brightness. I downloaded some widgets/apps that made it easier for me to control the screen's brightness, because there are times when a brighter screen is better than a dimmer screen (during the day, etc). For some reason, I adjust the brightness with a widget/app, and it resets to 2% brightness. I uninstalled every app/widget, and I"m currently messing with the display menu + the stock widget to see if I can get something to work out.

How can I get control of my phone's brightness?

My phone runs 1.6.

Advertisement
  2. eviljon2384

eviljon2384 Member

in the settings menu for display options there is an auto back light feature works good for me.there is a sensor on the front of the phone and will adjust automatically depending on how dark or bright it is around you.

3. wwwilly1986

wwwilly1986 Member

My phone used to give me issues with the brightness too. Didn't matter if it was on Auto Brightness or I manually set the brightness after the phone went to sleep and woke back up the brightness was back at the lowest setting. A reboot would temporarily fix it but the problem always returned. Sounds to me like a software bug.

4. eviljon2384

eviljon2384 Member

i have been using an app called auto killer memory optimizer along with advanced task killer and set my brightness to auto brightness and have seemed to do quite well with batt life.the screen seems to always take the most batt life because any time your doing something on the phone its on,but auto killer memory optimizer not only made my phone run better it also helped with batt life give it a try.make sure you run atk as well though i uninstalled it at one point and only ran akmo and lost batt life.

5. eviljon2384

eviljon2384 Member

also i set akmo to optimum setting.