Screen Brightness

Last Updated:

1. Baddabing

Baddabing New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my Samsung for 2 weeks and I can't help but notice the difference in the brightness of the X compared to the Fascinate. I went back into the V store and with the managers tried to match the brightness but couldn't. I know that I have a "Super AMOLED" screen which they say sets it above other phones but to me the X looks much better. What is the super amoled screen and shouldn't it be as bright as the X?

Advertisement
  2. Lodingi

Lodingi Well-Known Member

Go into your sound & display settings. Uncheck the "power saving mode" at the very bottom. Then scroll up to the "brightness" setting. Uncheck "automatic brightness adjustment" and crank the brightness up to 100%. Now do your comparison.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

That's weird cause my looks just fine at 0% brightness

4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

There is a brightness setting inside the browser..menu, more, brightness setting! And LCD has brighter whites, and amoled has deeper darker tones.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

^^this

It's a subjective issue, though. Given that the settings are "equal," so to speak, on both devices, the AMOLED wins by a long shot as far as my old peepers go.

Some, however, disagree. ;)

6. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

Same here. Pretty much set at 0% for 95% of the time. I'll crank it up halfway or more if I'm using it outside in the sun then back down as soon as I'm indoors. Hell, I have to squint my eyes when I first turn on the display in the morning even at 0%.

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah I had mine at two clicks/increments above the lowest setting but I just dropped it down to the lowest and its still plenty visible