Screen brightnessGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Gnok31

Gnok31 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I picked up an Eris for myself and my one for my gf last week and when I look at each phone side by side, mine seems just a tad dimmer than hers. It's like a TV setting where mine is set to "Warm" and hers is "Cool" which makes the whites and text pop just a little bit more.

I messed around with display settings and with auto backlight on and off and it's nothing to do with the settings. It's not too big of a deal where I'd want to go back and exchange it but was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

actually, when you check disable auto backlight the brightness options because available and you can change the brightness.
    i prefer mine really bright! :)

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Bad for your battery life. And makes the screen react more slowly.

But it's your phone. ;)

4. Gnok31

Gnok31 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've already tried adjusting the brightness level and even at the highest level for both phones, I can tell that my phone is a little bit dimmer.

5. fritzel67

fritzel67 Well-Known Member

Same experience here. My wife and I each have an Eris, and mine is the "cool white" color and hers is "warm". Also, on her "warm" Eris, the home/menu/back/search buttons light up "brighter" than on my cool white unit (almost to the point of glaring in the dark). Like Gnok31, I like the cool white better (text is sharper and overall the whiter screens look better to me). Appears to be a manufacturing issue (different batches, suppliers, etc). Otherwise, each works fine.

6. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

My aunt's Droid Eris screen looks "cooler" than mine. My Droid Eris is "warm." It's fine with me though. I have my screen brightness at around 25%.

7. fritzel67

fritzel67 Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to track when these phones were manufactured. My "cool" Eris has a manufacture date of Oct 2009 and my wife's "warm" Eris is Dec 2009. Wondering if all newer units are of the 'warm' variety.