Screen bubbles

Last Updated:

1. Jleagle

Jleagle Active Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a screen protector online (thin sticky piece of plastic) and put it on, but i screwed up and did it wonkey so took it off. After this it has left some sort of bubble of air in the original screen, maybe when i took the protector off it pulled up the original plastic layer?

Anyone have ideas or experience in this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Pic? Not able to visualize this LOL.

3. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

The N1 screen is glass. I don't think there's a way you could have pulled it up. You didn't try to clean it with water or anything, did you?

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

only thing that i can think is that you yanked up on the cover so hard that you dislodged the screen somehow.... this seems REALLY unlikely... hence why i'd really like to see pics.

if this is the case... i'd be contacting the screen protector company for the cost of the repair/new phone.

5. Jleagle

6. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

was the cover held on by adhesive? that looks like it's on top of the glass to me...

7. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Hard to say, but I'd agree. Blurry pic... maybe use macro mode ;)

8. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Looks like adhesive to me.

9. chris_h

chris_h Member

I did exactly the same thing with a screen protector and ended up with the 'bubbles'. I contacted HTC support, sent the phone back and they swapped it for a new one. It took 10 days however.

10. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Sounds like about an average turnaround time, if not a bit better... actually with you being UK, sounds very good.

11. chris_h

chris_h Member

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. In fact, I was just pleased to get the phone swapped FOC considering the damage was probably done by the screen protector. Of course, I forgot to mention that when I called them!!. I found HTC to be very efficient and helpful. Very nice people to deal with.

12. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I hope that doesn't happen to mine should I ever need to take my screen protector off.
    Are you sure it's not just the adhesive from the screen protector that has separated from the thin plastic and left a bubble behind.
    I find it hard to believe there is even any kind of 'coating' on the screen to cause this.

I repair iPhones and iPods for a living and they are pure glass, if they break they shatter and the glass flakes off like you would expect. I would imagine the N1 is pure glass as well.

13. chris_h

chris_h Member

It is definitely a blemish UNDER the surface of the screen. Why else would HTC have swapped my phone?

14. Jleagle

Mine is definitely a bubble because when i push on it, it moves.

BUT, the more i look at it, it seems like the protector layer is still on the phone and i must have just taken off an extra layer. I dont want to try and peel it off in case i damage it or it wont stick down again. Need another phone to compare it to lol. This would make sense to be honest as the bubble would just be under the protector layer, but when i put it on i really didn't realize this was happening, if it did.