• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Burn-in after 3 months use?

androidzie

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
Hello all I recently switched over to android from iphone and must say I am SOOO much happier. I love the skyrocket to death but just recently stumbled upon a common issue of this screen burn in on samsung omled screens. I was wondering if perhaps this was an issue on the older technology screens and is not prevalent in the newer skyrocket screens since I was unable to find any current threads and correlation to the skyrocket screen burn in. I use my phone constantly as a college student and need to have something thats gonna last. I set auto brightness and timeout to 1min. I am just worried that I cannot truely use my phone the way I want to since these people have stated to hide the status bar and only use dark wallpapers... Should I really be scared to use blue wallpapers and ENJOY such an awesome phone...? If this is an issue i dont really care if it is not terribly ugly and barely noticeable.
Thanks
Frankie

First I have a Galaxy s2 Skyrocket from AT&T which I bought the very first of April 2012. Last week I upgraded from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich and my color schemes changed slightly. Immediately I noticed burned-in buttons at the bottom and top of my phone. I called AT&T and they told me they would send me another phone but now I'm concerned this will just happen with the next phone they send me.

Has this been a problem with any other s2 Skyrocket owners? Will it happen no matter how I use the phone?

I'm a 42 year old profession who works 50 hour weeks and honestly most days my phone just sat on my desk with the display completely off. When I did use it the timeout was set to 1 minutes and the brightness was always set to 100%. Everything on my phone was stock, I changed nothing and had added only a few apps such as that new Angry Birds Space game (for my nephews to play).

Upvote 0
Please read my post on how my Skyrocket suffered burn-in after only 3 months of use. I've researched this topic on other forums and have seen a number of complaints involving Galaxy s2's but very little on skyrockets. But it did happen to me and I am not a heavy phone user. My advice is to be very careful with your brightness levels.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones