screen capture after ICS updateGeneral

1. axelaR

axelaR Member

Does anyone know how to do a screen capture with the ICS update?

The old shortcut doesn't work anymore, neither does the (volume down)+(power) that ICS is supposed to support.

Advertisement
  2. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

I just did it with...

Press and hold the volume down and the power button at the same time.

It worked.
  3. axelaR

axelaR Member

LOL! i was pressing the volume down slightly before the power and holding both..Pressing them exactly at the same time and holding works! thanks.
    meganstruwe likes this.
  4. Mandzuk

Mandzuk New Member

It will not work for me. The volume just turns down and the menu to shut the phone off come up... If I hold it down for about 5-10 seconds, the phone will restart. I have tried a number of times to take a screen shot. I got the phone in August and it's running ICS.

Please Help.
  5. m_bisson

m_bisson Member

Power button and Home button.
  6. meganstruwe

meganstruwe New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been searching for quite some time for an app that could take screenshots without having a rooted phone, since the home + power button wasn't working since the update. This worked and completely made my day!
  7. gakbdroid

gakbdroid Member

I have a Motorola Droid Bionic and after the ICS update my app, Screen Grabber no longer worked. I found this YouTube video concerning the Power button/Lower Volume button technique to grab a screen shot. I just tried it several times and it worked perfectly for me. I do not have a rooted phone. Here's the link if you want a visual.

How to take a Screen Shot on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - YouTube

:D
    global2 likes this.
  8. hexoneism

hexoneism Member

Holding the down volume button and power button worked on my un-rooted bionic... except that its way loud. Is there any way to disable the sound??
  9. rowcker

rowcker New Member

it worked <3 awsome :p
  10. rowcker

rowcker New Member

turn your cell silent thn take it
  11. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I too had found Screengrabber useless after ICS. Video was very helpful - but should be an easier way. Can't they just add the feature to camera???
  12. BaronessB

BaronessB Member

I have tried all these different methods for screenshot, have watched utube, just can't get it to work. Hmmm. Kind of frustrating that it can be that difficult, or that I am that simple
  13. BaronessB

BaronessB Member

Well, my daughter finally figured it out. You have to hold power button and home button at same time for 2 secs. But it does take a couple of tries to get the timing right. If you can't get it (and you are of a certain age!!!!!) then get someone else (of a much younger certain age!!!) to try. bahaha
  14. gakbdroid

gakbdroid Member

After reading that the power/down volume buttons was not working, I tried it again and the screenshot is still working for me. I think there must be a variety of methods depending on your phone. I'm glad this works even though I don't use it too often...when I need it I NEED it!