• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Capture can't save image

zms123

Nov 19, 2011
I get the message "unable to save screenshot usb storage may be in use" every time I try to take a screenshot.

I've tried setting sdcard and internal storage as default location and also made sure the correct folder for screenshots was there.

I don't want to reset hoping that the problem is fixed. Has anyone had this problem before and fixed it?

I get the message "unable to save screenshot usb storage may be in use" every time I try to take a screenshot.

I've tried setting sdcard and internal storage as default location and also made sure the correct folder for screenshots was there.

I don't want to reset hoping that the problem is fixed. Has anyone had this problem before and fixed it?

Is USB Storage located under Settings - Storage highlighted? Have you mounted anything to USB storage recently or in the past?

Upvote 0

zms, I too had the same issue, couldn't find a resolution in the web and I simply deleted some screenshots from the gallery folder"screenshots" and I'm now able to take screenshots again. Hope this works for you too.

Upvote 0
Hello frenz,
Am using HTC Desire 816 n faced d same issue. Found the solution.
Earlier days, I deleted Screenshot folder from phone memory n so while saving screenshot, phone unable to find d folder to save snap n hence displaying d error.
Earlier bydefault storage was Phone memory n now change the storage to SD Card. Unmount the storage n mount again. System will create PICTURES/SCREENSHOT folder.

Problem solved. Enjoy folks.... :)

Upvote 0
I cannot take screenshot or download any images from google. when ever i try to do it the message pops up (An Sd card is required tp download xxx.jpg), cannot copy image as well (SD card unavailable) M7 doesnt come with a sd card slot. Internal memory ive got left around 10 gb

Screen shot message pop up (cant take screen shot due to limited storage space, or it isn't allowed by the app or your organisation). Is there any solutions to fix this problem. help me out if you can.

Thanks a lot mate relli appreciate it

Upvote 0
OK. I'm running the HTC One M9, have the same problem with screenshot saving. I had the same with the M7.

Here is how you fix this problem.

1. Open File Manager, HTC One has its own (if not ES file manager is good), select the option to Show Hidden Files/Folders.

2. You will see (in all caps) PICTURES. If you do not see (in all caps) SCREENSHOTS, which you probably won't, create new folder and name it SCREENSHOTS.

NOTE: Don't make the SCREENSHOTS folder inside the PICTURES folder. Create it in the main directory, where you're already at.

3. Restart it and there you go. I just restarted mine to make sure all apps knew where to put that type. You might not need to.

Extra step if needed...

4. After restart, take a screenshot and see if it saved and that you have the Screenshots album in your gallery. IF you do not have it. Go into File Manager again and look in the PICTURES folder, if Screenshots (just as I typed it) folder is not in there simply create a new folder and save it as Screenshots (just as I typed it).

Pictures attached for your viewing pleasure and guidance.

I remembered doing this on the M7. So I'm going to assume M8 is the same way. You're welcome.

Screenshot_2015-08-22-23-41-08.png
Screenshot_2015-08-22-23-41-50.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Samarth Thakkar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones