Screen Capture is annoying me!!!!

1. stretch108

stretch108 Member

What do I do after entering this code into the dialer? Having major screen capture issues too.

Dave

2. B-rad505

B-rad505 Member

I did what doom kitteh said to do, but now I have a little less sensitivity in my back button anyone expeirence this.
  3. B-rad505

B-rad505 Member

I just updated each one at a time, did you get to the screen where you can update the key software
  4. stretch108

stretch108 Member

I guess I'm not even sure what phone dialer is being referred to. New to all this.
  5. B-rad505

B-rad505 Member

Just punch those symbols and numbers in like you would a phone number
  6. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

Has anyone done these steps on the Fascinate?

7. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Yes.
  8. stretch108

stretch108 Member

It doesn't do anything for me, I guess I don't get all the steps.
  9. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

And then what? Simply typing this in the phone dialer does nothing more than display the digits/symbols.
  10. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

11. dwestphal

dwestphal New Member

I have hidden menus enabled and the string does not work for me either. Just an FYI
  12. dwestphal

dwestphal New Member

I got it. Try to take away the first #*
  13. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

Got it to work but my firmware versions match (both 22). So, I guess my screen captures are being caused by something else.

Anybody able to rename ScreenCaptureService.apk?
  14. stretch108

stretch108 Member

I am in the same boat. I am wondering if Advanced Task Killer might be the problem. Seems to happen after I kill tasks sometimes. It is happening less often though.
  15. stretch108

stretch108 Member

Ok, just happened again. After it does it each time I find gallery is open as an app. and I can't figure out why it keeps opening.
  16. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

Probably because the screen capture needs to save the new image to the gallery(?).
  17. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

I turned off ATK and, since then, haven't had any screen captures. Could be on to something.....
  18. capecupcake

capecupcake New Member

My version #s are the same and I didn't have ATK on my phone, so I don't know why mine is still doing it. But, I want to throw my phone each time it does it. When it does it, it also makes all the touch screen buttons slower. There has got to be a reason for this.
  19. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

It has screen captured once since I turned off ATK. So, ATK may not be the root cause but it seems to be a contributing factor.
  20. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Well-Known Member

I HATE SCREEN CAPTURE IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!! :mad:
  21. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

I've only had 1 screen capture in the past week (after disabling ATK). The time it happened, I pressed the power button but had another finger on the volume down button. I think this might be a valid screen capture procedure. Maybe this is how you're getting them too?

Anyway, I've uninstalled ATK and am happy to have the screen captures 99% out of my life.
  22. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

I note this may be for 2.1.1 I have Froyo on my phone now (box stock, no root) and that code sequence does nothing for me. did Froyo hide the hidden menu again or use a different code to open it>?
  23. stinkynelson

stinkynelson Member

Got a couple more screen captures. Both times I had just removed the phone from the desk dock or the phone cradle in the car.
  24. TSVenture

TSVenture New Member

I've been getting this, too. For me it seems like the problem (back button firing over and over) occurs when service is spotty and the phone is jumping between 3G and 1X.

Anybody else notice that?
  25. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member

Interesting to see I'm not the only one who had this problem...

I wound up complaining to Verizon and getting a free upgrade to a better (arguably) phone. You guys might want to give it a try, Verizon / Sammy are incredibly slow to push updates and that was one bug that I couldn't live with.