• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Capture Options

Hey, I'm still new to Android after switching from iOS, and I had a quick question about the screen capture. Is there a way to make it so it immediately captures the screen as you press the home and lock buttons? I want it so it happens just like the iOS counterpart. If anyone can help me, it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I believe the OP is referring to the delay before the screenshot is actually taken. This only happens with some devices, typically (and ironically) in high-end Samsung and HTC phones. The only solutions that I am aware of require root. There are build.prop edits that can be made, or this Xposed module.

I am referring to this, thank you for helping my clarity. I wasn't sure if there was an app or setting that doesnt involve rooting that let me get rid of the delay.

Upvote 0
I wasn't sure if there was an app or setting that doesnt involve rooting that let me get rid of the delay.
Unfortunately, no. The addition of the delay was primarily driven by user complaints of accidental screenshots because it was instant. o_O

In the case of Samsung devices, there is also the matter of double duty being served by the Home key for double-tap activation of S Voice. You could try disabling that option in S Voice and see if it speeds up screenshot taking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones