• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Capture Shortcut Free (For the people who can't see it in the market)

I've seen that a lot of people are having trouble with the screen capture function on their Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 device (using Froyo 2.2). Well, your troubles are over. I was one of these people struggling with the issue of not being able to take screen shots with this particular phone and was unable to find the app in the market because it's "not compatible." I went through the trouble of finding the apk file and manually installing it. Guess what. It does work and it IS compatible. So I'm going to post the link to the file here.

Screen Capture Shortcut Free

If you don't know how to manually install apps on your device, here are the steps:
---
1. Plug your phone into the computer via USB and mount.
2. Choose the option to browse files.
3. Open the download folder and drag apk file into it.
4. Go to Applications > Files > download - select the Screen Capture Shortcut Free file and install.
5. Enjoy screen capturing.
cool.gif

Reactions: kiwi1108
I've seen that a lot of people are having trouble with the screen capture function on their Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 device (using Froyo 2.2). Well, your troubles are over. I was one of these people struggling with the issue of not being able to take screen shots with this particular phone and was unable to find the app in the market because it's "not compatible." I went through the trouble of finding the apk file and manually installing it. Guess what. It does work and it IS compatible. So I'm going to post the link to the file here.

Screen Capture Shortcut Free

If you don't know how to manually install apps on your device, here are the steps:
---
1. Plug your phone into the computer via USB and mount.
2. Choose the option to browse files.
3. Open the download folder and drag apk file into it.
4. Go to Applications > Files > download - select the Screen Capture Shortcut Free file and install.
5. Enjoy screen capturing.
cool.gif

I have a Samsung Vibrant S running FROYO 2.2 and I have been pulling my hair out trying to solve the screen shot mystery. Your instructions worked for me and I registered here only to express my gratitude. Thanks very much and I am one happy camper. One thing to note, the "hold the back button then..." method does not work, I now have an icon at the top that I click to get the screen shot. Look at the top left of my screenshot where the little camera icon is, I click that and it takes the screen shot.

A vital application like this should not be so hard to find and install. If Google/Android/Samsung want to compete they need to show stuff like this off. And I will be donating some cash to the developer for this app because I plan to use it often.

Also, the screen shot file is a png, you can change it to JPG. Mine was about 450kb which is too big to post on this forum so I cropped it.

Thanks again bro, this is a life changer for me!

Chris

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: VibrantGalaxyS
Upvote 0
There is much talk about screen capture and the Samsung S Vibrant has a built in function. There are two buttons that are used for screen capture. They are the home and back buttons. You must press them in a specific sequence and duration. It's almost a quick tap-tap. Do not hold one key or the other. Tap the home key then very quickly tap the back key. Do not press them at the same time or hold them down. This takes practice. It will work in reverse by pressing the back key then the home key but your capture is then the previous screen.

Remember a quick tap-tap, home-back. No other keys seem to work for this.

To locate the stored images look in your folders for screen capture files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones