screen colorSupport

Last Updated:

1. neggie

neggie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

got my new droid x today from verizon to replace my old one. have a few questions my old one the buttons where loose was that something to worry about? ive seen a few where they dont wiggle at all and some that do.
    and second question was the screen for the NEW one i received today has a darker brown/redish hue to it where the old one had a blue close to white hue. and the old one was alot brighter too.

what you all think should i not worry about the buttons and keep my old one. or keep the new one where the buttons are tigher and has the brown/redish hue. thoughts please.

Advertisement
  2. neggie

here are the pictures the one to the right is the new one and the one to the left is the old droid x.
    which one should i keep ?? both are perfect nothing wrong just wanna gets some advised

Attached Files:

3. Brooks777

Brooks777 Active Member

Hey, I also received a replacement that has a "warmer" tint to it. Mine doesn't look very redish, though... closer to yellow. I held it next to my brothers Droid X (which has the cooler tone to it) and I love it. His looks great, too.. but when I have the same web pages loaded side-by-side, I definately prefer mine. Looks extremely accurate to natural color to me.

4. neggie

so brooks out of the two in the picts do you say the one on left or right what do you think

5. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

Mine screen is also on the warm color side. Definitely looks more like the picture on the left than the one on the right. I never really noticed before but seeing the two screens side by side, the difference is pretty striking. While it doesn't bother me too much (at least not enough to replace it), I think I prefer the right (cooler) screen. Is there any setting option (or app) to change the tint? Also, I'm using an antiglare screen protector. Could that effect the tint at all?

6. Brooks777

Brooks777 Active Member

If it were up to me, I would definitely choose the 1 without the loose buttons. My brothers X had them and they felt horrible. Its kinda hard to tell from the pics, but if the newer one has a similar hue to mine I'd definitely roll with that one. Btw they only give you 10 days to send the Droid X back before they charge you for it, lol.

1 vote for the warmer one!