Screen concern

Last Updated:

1. perpetual

perpetual Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really love everything about the vibrant, from the screen to the swype keyboard. I haven't had any problems with it so far. My concern is with the durability of the screen. I use my phone almost nonstop most of the days and I've read that amoled screens degrade a lot faster than regular lcds. My question is how long does an amoled screen typically lasts? How long before you start seeing your screen degrade? I usually keep my phones a long time BTW.

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

It will last roughly 5 years or more. Im sure you wont even have the phone that long. The screen will last just fine.

3. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member

i'm sure that samsung wouldn't make such a big deal about their super amoled (which really are amazing) to make them last just a year or so before they start to deteriorate.

4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

the blue led degrades faster than the others, but guess what you can get an entire scree replacement for like 70 bucks. I even emailed several ebay sellers, they confirmed they are genuine samsung super amoleds, despite the listing saying "LCD."

So in short, don't worry about the screen life, by the time your screen dies, you can pick up a new on on ebay for 25 bucks probably with free shipping.

5. melll

melll Well-Known Member

hakuna matata.

Means, no worries.

6. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

id rather send mine in directly to samsung than buy a cheap knock off of ebay despite what those ''legit'' sellers say.

7. PlowRox

PlowRox Banned

I'll just bury mine in the back yard and get something newer... or donate it to some _____ fill in your fave entry...

my worries are about dropping it not the screen dieing prematurely.

and as for the screen it self...after my "training wheels" screen protector dies or comes off i'm sure i will be just fine with "gorilla glass" protection.

Enjoy :)

8. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I fully expect to have a new phone long before I need to start worrying about the screen fading out!

9. mdtolic

mdtolic Well-Known Member

My "training wheels" screen protector had a tiny hair/thread under it that drove me crazy. I took it off, removed the intruder and put the protector back on. Of course, it never fit well after that. I took it off just last night. Today, I'm going "naked" as they say. :eek: It's freaking me out a little though. I'm not sure I can do it.

10. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

I've seen screen degradation in older tvs, but as I've noticed, by the time you notice such a thing, its been years since purchase. So I suspect the same here. I've heard somewhere thats why you may notice a blue tinge to the screen because they dial it up past the other colors so as it slowly(and more then likely very very slowly) goes out, you hardly notice. Anyone wear glasses? Its like when you get new ones, you never knew your older ones were so bad until you had a new pair.