• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Cracked. Need New Phone.

i know he doesnt like samsung.....

but this sg3 has been awesome.....

any questions, i can look into, then learn/answer them....lol

Thanks floorguy, really.

I really, really, really, really, did I say really? don't like Samsung. I know this phone is great. They seem to be getting better and better. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Epic 4G that just won't go away.

It does remove objectivity. I'm OK with that. I think I'll be fine with the LTEvo. It seems like others like it just as much as the sg3. :D

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Despicable me - What - scene - YouTube

Wait... so does that mean you can't load apps to the external SD card, or does that mean they've disabled that function entirely for even internal phone (faux SD) storage?

I am thinking....as it was explained to me.....just SD card...because it reads it as a separate drive or something like that....

lemme find that link.....http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/599633-16gb-32gb.html

or this is how someone put it....

Android only suppots 1st external storage for movinv app to SD. On Galaxy S3, the SD card is configured as a 2nd external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.

Upvote 0
So, here's an update.

Best Buy had my phone yesterday. It's a refurbished Photon. It's not the same one that I had.

Wow! I forgot how much I love my Photon. It really does make me appreciate the Photon even more after having an LG Marquee for a week and a half.

I'm holding onto this Photon until 8/31/2012 when I will trade it in for the Buy Back to get my 40% back and the year of Geek Squad left on it. Then I'll activate my Rumor 2. On 9/1/2012 I will upgrade to the HTC Evo 4G LTE. If my calculations are correct, I should have to pay nothing to get the upgrade and buy the Geek Squad protection for 2-years. I will forgo the Buy Back Program on the LTEvo since I won't be able to upgrade for 18 months now, I think. The ROI just doesn't seem to pan out. I could conceivably get more for a straight up trade-in when I'm ready to upgrade (or even sell it on ebay).

Amazon just said that my order for the Otterbox Commuter Case for the LTEvo, the Steinheil Oleophobic Screen Protector for the LTEvo, and my cheap Plantronics bluetooth headset is on its way! I should get it by 8/27/2012. So, I'll have protection and bluetooth ready for my new phone from the very start.

Upvote 0
So, here's an update.

Amazon just said that my order for the Otterbox Commuter Case for the LTEvo, the Steinheil Oleophobic Screen Protector for the LTEvo, and my cheap Plantronics bluetooth headset is on its way! I should get it by 8/27/2012. So, I'll have protection and bluetooth ready for my new phone from the very start.

Not to stray too far off topic, but, which Plantronics BT did you get?

A friend of mine has the PLANTRONICS M50 & while relatively inexpensive, she swears by the sound/call quality & long battery life.

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0
OK, folks. I guess I should say, "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Lol, seriously folks, it's been a great ride with all of you. I loved this phone. I just did my buyback at Best Buy. My Photon is in their hands now. I have enough cash for my upgrade to the HTC Evo 4G LTE and to buy the two years of Geek Squad Protection from that transaction.

So now I'm writing this on my old Epic 4G and I'm reminded how much I hate it. Well, I only have to put up with it for one night, thank God! This thing is running Froyo, lol...

Well, it's been real. I'll definitely see you guys in other forums around here, I'm sure.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
OK, folks. I guess I should say, "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Lol, seriously folks, it's been a great ride with all of you. I loved this phone. I just did my buyback at Best Buy. My Photon is in their hands now. I have enough cash for my upgrade to the HTC Evo 4G LTE and to buy the two years of Geek Squad Protection from that transaction.

So now I'm writing this on my old Epic 4G and I'm reminded how much I hate it. Well, I only have to put up with it for one night, thank God! This thing is running Froyo, lol...

Well, it's been real. I'll definitely see you guys in other forums around here, I'm sure.

Cheers!

I'm sure we'll all still be around and in touch. At least most of the sprint loyalists are usually around and active, from the original batch of evo/epic owners.

Upvote 0
Yes, so far this phone is great. I don't have much time but I do have to say that the screen is awesome and I'll have to get used to Sense but so far I like it.

What damewolf13 said below. Ics launchers that peeps seem to favor, apex or nova.

Well, you don't actually have to get used to Sense, if you don't like it.
You could download/install another launcher.:idea:

Upvote 0
HOLO LAUNCHER (&/or HOLO LAUNCHER HD for ANDROID 4.0 +) would be another great option,very similar to both APEX & NOVA. Currently running HOLO on my MO'PHO & XYBOARD.

LAUNCHER PRO PLUS was my long-time favorite until HOLO LAUNCHER came along. I'm always trying out different launchers, but, always find my way back to HOLO.

Upvote 0
Yes, so far this phone is great. I don't have much time but I do have to say that the screen is awesome and I'll have to get used to Sense but so far I like it.

Happy LTEvo owner. When do I get to play music with everyone?
smoking-somb.gif

I dig the new siggie,SIMCHA!:thrasher::rock:

Upvote 0
Ok, a I'm still very happy with this phone. It screams. If only Sprint's network didn't cripple this phone, it would fly. The screen is so beautiful. Swype works even better than it did on the Photon.The battery life is even better than the Photon, dare I say...

Sense is easy to use and it has so many logical aspects that it makes customization easy. The Otterbox Commuter case is the prefect size and it feels like my phone is completely protected. Also the Steinheil Oleophobic screen protector is clear and as smooth as glass. SPIGEN even sent me the proper updated ones with the notch cut out for the proximity sensor even though it was easy enough to cut a notch in the non-updated one.

Yes, I'm still happy.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones