Screen Cracked "resistive"Support

1. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

I had a little accident with my ZTE Racer, where I have cracked the screen. :( I can't think I'm the only person that has had this happen to their phone. I can't find anything on what other options there are other than taking it back to '3' or 'ZTE' and paying for the fix. The touch screen is unusable but the LCD is fine so it just looks like its the top glass/digitizer thats cream crackered
    [​IMG]
    But LCD lights up
    [​IMG]

A) take it to 3 for repair while looking at a bigger bill (although it may be cheap with being a resistive screen) [update]

Advertisement
  2. Jimmykimchi

Jimmykimchi Well-Known Member

probably just Glass, since your phone's displaying images
  3. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

Aye its just the glass/digitizer ZTE in China say's they'll fix for
  4. n0v

n0v Well-Known Member

Hi,

any news on this, my sons has broken but the screen does not come on!

Is it worth looking to repair or buy new!

cheers

n0v
  5. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

have you tried charging the phone? to see if the LCD works as the battery may be dead? if the worse case is that both the LCD & Screen/digitalizer needs replaced.

What happened to the phone i.e. was it dropped, ran over?

The main problem with a
  6. n0v

n0v Well-Known Member

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Yes it was dropped.

Do you have contact details for ZTE?

I will also keep looking for the spares as I would give a repair a go if I could get the bits for
  7. Ryanteck

Ryanteck Well-Known Member

:S how did you do that lol , i had to take mine in for repair and in the end insted of flashing it they just gave me a new zte base
  8. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

9. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

Who? Zte
  10. Ryanteck

3 uk did swap it
  11. mick222

mick222 New Member

Baggy i have the same problem did you get the parts for
  12. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

13. mick222

mick222 New Member

thx for the reply think i'll just either buy a new one or upgrade my contract.
  14. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

nae bother
  15. Ryanteck

well today in school
    my screen fell apart
    it looks like a crack
    but the glass has fallen apart
  16. Ryanteck

well i have photos of my cracked one, did the glass fall out ( kinda ) in yours?
  17. Ryanteck

After taking it apart i found the phone was put together in 3 main parts
    1) the back plastic which connect the GPS and another device to the main part with 4 contacts
    2) the phone unit holding everything else with a slide on and off aerial
    3) the front panel which has the glass connectors and a speeker for the front
    the glass is used for the touch system. The touch is connected via cable and speaker via contacts. im going to try and email ZTE to see if they can send out a front panel for under
  18. torrentulla

torrentulla New Member

Baggy likes this.
  19. Ryanteck

thanks for finding the panel but i also found the black plastic part was damaged and binned it, will he send out that?
  20. torrentulla

torrentulla New Member

Actually the seller is female :D. check the picture in the second link in my post this is what she will send you. Which black plastic part you are after is the front bezel that goes around the screen. If thats what you after you will need to send her an email through the eBay.
    Its a full digitizer with ribbon cable top plastic layer glass touch panel underneath.
  21. Ryanteck

She said she cannot supply the plastic part. i might try and get the plasyic part from ZTE. if not i will try and make my own plastic top bit.
  22. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

Got mine fixed now I'll up load a picture later :)
  23. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Porfanizer likes this.
  24. Porfanizer

Porfanizer New Member

hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me.
    i have a zte soft stone (u850x/racer/link) and my screen doesnt work.it displays everything fine.im sure the problem is between the main plastic front cover and the digitizer glass.
    and since ive read that someone here was trying to get a plastic replacement, how would you replace it?is it just peel off and replace or does it need anything special?
    thanks in advance.
  25. bernard.gj

bernard.gj New Member