screen cracked!!General

Last Updated:

1. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I noticed a crack In the glass extending from the left side of the optical track button to just under the home key. Phone was never dropped and always kept in the bodyglove case! This sucks! Have no idea how I got there and verizon wants me to file a claim and won't warranty it ! $90 that sucks! It appears to be a stress crack from where the hole is in the glass to allow the optical button to be Installed. Anyway anyone else experience a crack like this ?

Advertisement
  2. BuickGS67

BuickGS67 Well-Known Member

Man that sucks. No cracks so far on my phone. (knock on wood) Did you get the insurance on it? Asurion should cover a replacement, but they'll charge you a deductible.

3. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

How any people looked at the left side of their trackpad?

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

After reading this 3x I assume this was supposed to say "How many" and its the first thing I did before I even finished reading the OP :D

5. juanito157

Thanks 4 reading this post! I thought that maybe it was a weak spot on the phone and maybe just maybe someone else had experienced it

6. QMeli907

QMeli907 Member

I snagged my phone so quick after reading this haha. No cracks :D. Sorry to hear about yours tho :(

7. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

i beat you, i dont even notice it until i read your comment haha

8. batjeeper

batjeeper Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that crack.

I guess I'm a lucky ones seeing as how I've had mine slip off my lap on the train and the only thing that happened was the case popping off. Then again, I'm carrying a $600 pocket computer around with me all day so I do tend to be careful.

I've had to fight the urge to throw the phone against the wall the past few days -- wife gets me that upset sometimes.

Maybe check one of the posts that refer to a site that offers glass replacements for like $50? It's cheaper than $90...

9. juanito157

Thank you. Appreciate the advise and ad far as being careful, Im very carefull with my things especially this phone, I power use it everyday and have no friggen idea when and why it cracked

10. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Amen!