Screen Dim Before/After Lock and UnlockSupport

Last Updated:

1. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member This Topic's Starter

Noticed today that when the phone is unlocked with the power/unlock button, that the screen starts off at a significantly lower brightness, but the light sensor seems to then kick in and the correct brightness is then displayed after. This happens for only a fraction of a second, but is quite jerky and immediate.

Is this normal, or should the screen brightness remain one constant level from unlock? Of course, changing when it should based on lighting conditions.

The same also happens when the screen is about to sleep. Once the lock button is pushed, the screen brightness almost notches down in 2 steps. First at half the brightness, or so, and then off completely. Again, not necessarily smooth, but quite jarring.

Again, is this normal of other Captivates?

Advertisement
  2. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

It does it on my captivate. Same with the wifes - normal......

I keep mine on the lowest setting at all times in terms of brightness and she lets her auto adjust and likes it bright, I just grabbed her phone just for the heck of it and the result was the same. I assume it has something to with the auto setting kicking in....

fromtheaudible likes this.
  3. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for checking. Never noticed it before today. I wonder if it's a screen warm-up period, or the light sensor reading the ambient light, and then making the correct adjustments.

4. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

That's what I am thinking. I have always noticed it, I do believe its normal and just what we both suspect auto-detect kicking in.

5. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Before I did the update, it always stayed at the same brightness. After the update, it does what the op asked.