Screen Dimming before going off ....

Last Updated:

1. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know it's "normal" for the screen to dim before it times out when "idling." Is there a way to STOP this feature so screen stays at set brightness until it times out? I can't find a setting to disable screen dimming.

Advertisement
  2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Nope, don't think so. It's basically a warning that your screen's about to time-out.

If I may ask, why does it bother you?

3. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sure .... I use it as a clock when in the desk charger. I have it set in SETTINGS (applications) to leave the screen on while charging. The screen dims ~90% after 2 minutes but it does stay on.

To have an option to "leave screen on while charging" would logically mean that someone want the screen to stay on while charging not "screen dim while charging" ..... so it makes little sense why they dim it when the option is checked to leave it on. :confused: :)

There is a power profiles app which I tried (actually paid for) and it does exactly what I want (although the native settings should do it as well) but that app is kind of flakey and causes the phone to lock up or crash after a few hours. (I'm running the 2.1 Cyanogen ROM).

4. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Oh, I gotcha. Weird, I have to manually put mine to sleep when I put it in the desk charger.

Screebl (in the Market) might help. If I can figure why mine stays at full brightness in the charger, I'll sure let you know.