• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen "dims", bug?

hotnblack

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
So I have a brand new xperia x10 mini with A1.6, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:
Whenever I use the phone, the screen seems to "dim" a bit, just like dimming your lights at home, is this a bug or just the lightsensor going on and off? It happens with any screen intensity, not constantly but maybe once every 30 secs, the screen goes just a tad darker,then back to normal.

Have you checked your settings ? i mean display settings and have you tried modifying them etc?

Yea I messed around with everything, and found that it is actually the light meter that goes on and off. Wether or not it is actually buggy is hard to tell, because if I keep my finger over it, or if in a dark room, the screen stops "dimming" or whatever I should call it. And then goes back to normal when I remove my finger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones