screen "dims", bug?Support

Last Updated:

1. hotnblack

hotnblack New Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a brand new xperia x10 mini with A1.6, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:
    Whenever I use the phone, the screen seems to "dim" a bit, just like dimming your lights at home, is this a bug or just the lightsensor going on and off? It happens with any screen intensity, not constantly but maybe once every 30 secs, the screen goes just a tad darker,then back to normal.

Advertisement
  2. badassballer

badassballer Well-Known Member

Have you checked your settings ? i mean display settings and have you tried modifying them etc?

3. hotnblack

hotnblack New Member This Topic's Starter

Yea I messed around with everything, and found that it is actually the light meter that goes on and off. Wether or not it is actually buggy is hard to tell, because if I keep my finger over it, or if in a dark room, the screen stops "dimming" or whatever I should call it. And then goes back to normal when I remove my finger.

4. mattshaw

mattshaw Member

this is simply the auto adjustment working. The sensor is just next to the earpiece, so if you happen to block it for a brief moment it will think its dark & therefore dim the screen. Ive caught it many times whilst surfing the net & my left thump moves over it.... soon stop noticing it TBH.

:D